Thursday, June 2, 2011

Favourite Books - My Bedtime Favourites






I usually do the book reading before bed and H and I read two books each night - he picks one book and I pick the other. Both of us seem to have found some favourites and about a month ago I posted some of his most recent ones. Here are a few of my mine:

(Book Write-Ups Come From Chapters.ca)

1. It's Time to Sleep- Nancy Tillman: As children prepare for bed, the world around them is also settling down for the night. Animals who live in the jungle, the forest, the sea-all whisper to their babies a soft refrain: It's time to sleep, my love. As comforting as a soft blanket and warm as a goodnight hug, Eric Metaxas''s lullaby is lovingly brought to life by bestselling artist Nancy Tillman (On the Night You Were Born) , whose illustrations celebrate the wonders of the natural world, and the bonds of family.

2. Snuggle Up, Sleepy Ones- Claire Freedman: The sun paints the sky a warm, glowing red. It''s time to stop playing, it''s time for bed."
All of the animals, from the bold leopard to the shy antelope, snuggle down for the night, ready to sleep, in this charming book. The baby hippo cuddles up close for a big hippo hug while the porcupines curl up together in one spiky ball.
This soothing rhyme, illustrated with glowing pastels, is the perfect bedtime story for a child worn out by a busy day.

3. How Many Kisses Do You Want Tonight?- Varsha Baja: "How many kisses do you want tonight?" the animals ask, snuggling critters tight. This adorable counting bedtime book celebrates the special ritual of goodnight kisses. Cozy up with your little one for a goodnight kiss-or two, or three...

4. Mommy's Best Kisses- Margaret Anastas: Every mother knows that the sweetest way to say "I love you" is with a kiss. This loving book shows that animals know all about a mother's love, too.

5. Who Will Tuck Me In Tonight?- Carol Roth: It''s bedtime, but Woolly the little lamb can''t find his mother. Who will tuck him in? "I will, I will," said Mrs. Cow. "Don''t you worry. I know how. Everything will be all right. I''ll tuck you in real snug and tight." But Mrs. Cow wraps poor Woolly up so tight that he can''t move. "STOP!" cries Woolly. "That''s not right! Oh, who will tuck me in tonight?" Mrs. Cat, Mrs. Horse, Mrs. Pig, and Mrs. Duck all try, but their efforts prove disastrous, and Woolly grows more and more desperate. Mother Sheep returns at last and tucks her little one in just right--"as only a mother can. From the team who created the best-selling "Little Bunny''s Sleepless Night comes another comic, yet sweet and satisfying, bedtime story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to make a comment! I love to get an email that a new comment has been made and I try my best to respond to each and everyone of them! Keep them coming! :)