Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Just Gabbing- Article on Johnson and Johnson Shampoo Scare


OK, I saw this article posted on one of the blogs I follow and I must say it has me scared. I have used Johnson and Johnson shampoo on both of my kids since they were born. The article states that their shampoo has two potentially cancer causing chemicals in it.

http://jezebel.com/5855115/

I haven't had a chance to do any research, yet, to see if there is any truth to what was written, but it definitely has me thinking that I need to find a new shampoo.

On that note, which bath products do you use with your little ones? Please comment below as I know many of us will be on the hunt for a new one!

**Google Johnson and Johnson to find out more. I just did and tons of articles pop up about the same thing - scary!**

2 comments:

  1. I just read a bit about it and searched the ingredient list on all of my Johnson and Johnson products. The two "harmful" ingredients (Quarternium-15 and 1,4-dioxane) are not in any of my products except the plain baby shampoo.
    I also haven't done any researching into how harmful these ingredients actually are.

    Here is some more information on it:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/consumers-lash-johnson-johnson-harmful-chemicals-baby-shampoo-article-1.970600

    ReplyDelete
  2. I routinely visit a website called safemama.com It too mentioned J & J products with the above mentioned ingredients. I use Earth Mama Angel Baby found in Newmarket at Nature's Emporium and Kiss my Face in Zehrs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to make a comment! I love to get an email that a new comment has been made and I try my best to respond to each and everyone of them! Keep them coming! :)