Monday, June 14, 2010

Favourite Website - Skin Deep

Kim shares a website that she has just come across, Skin Deep:

"You type in the product that you use and it will tell you what toxins are in it. Interesting and scary."

I visited this website this evening to give it a try. It is from the same company that the sunscreen checker came from - Environmental Working Group. You can look up EVERYTHING - all types of makeup, skin care, hair care, nails, sun screen, etc. My mom and I typed in a few things that we use and were suprised that some of them were medium hazard. It seems the bad ingredient that we kept seeing was this Benzyl Alcohol... guess we will have to do some research on this.

Check it out at:
http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/

Thanks Kim! I will be spending quite a bit of time on this site!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to make a comment! I love to get an email that a new comment has been made and I try my best to respond to each and everyone of them! Keep them coming! :)