Thursday, January 12, 2012

Just For Moms - YA Fiction


Ever since I read the Twilight Trilogy I have been obsessed with YA Fiction.  A few months ago I blazed through the Hunger Games Trilogy (LOVED THEM!) and have ever since been looking for some more great YA reads.

I feel a little funny perusing the YA section at Chapters, but I just can't seem to get enough of vampires, werewolves, witches and the whole dystopia theme.  That's also what makes having a library card so great!

I am a member of this site Goodreads that helps match you up with books that are similar to the ones that you have read and liked.  All you do is put in some of your faves and then it just "bam" compiles a list of other suggestions for you to read.  Pretty neat!  The site also gives you a quick synopsis of the book plus thousands of ratings and reviews by other people.

On this site I came across two lists that I have started to read from:
Best Books of 2011
YA Novels of 2011

I am currently reading, Divergent by Veronica Roth and City of Bones (Mortal Instruments Book #1) by Cassandra Clare.  So far I am liking both.  Divergent reminds me a lot of the Hunger Games while City of Bones is more about witches and demons.

Do you like to read YA?  What are some of your faves?

Check out the lists above  by clicking on them, and pick a few for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to make a comment! I love to get an email that a new comment has been made and I try my best to respond to each and everyone of them! Keep them coming! :)