Saturday, August 28, 2010

Toddler Favourite - BuckleyBoo




Yesterday on one of my addictive mommy bargain websites they had these stuffed animals that I just couldn't resist. They are called BucklyBoos. They come in two different sizes, a variety of characters and the neat thing is that they have five different buckles along its stomach for kids to practice doing up. Well, I don't know about your little one, but my H is OBSESSED with buckles and will fixate on them for hours if I let him, so I thought I would try this out. I also thought it might make a good car toy as it would keep him occupied.

The company's belief is that the toy is good for three different stages of your child's life:

1. 15 mths - 18 mths - at this stage your child should be able to recognize the different patterns of ribbon and be able to match them up.
2. 18 mths - 3 yrs - at this stage your child should be able to do the buckles up on their own, but cannot undo them as they do not have the strength or dexterity yet. One mom also said that this is a good interactive toy as the parent can undo the buckles and then hand it to the child and repeat.
3. 3 yrs + - at this stage they should be able to undo and redo them up again.

Now, I have read many moms' concerns about the toy and many state that the buckles do not pinch fingers and that it does not teach them how to undo their buckles in carseats or high chairs. But I guess every child is different!

Anyways, you can check out these toys at www.buckleyboo.com and I will let you know what my little guy thinks of his once it arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to make a comment! I love to get an email that a new comment has been made and I try my best to respond to each and everyone of them! Keep them coming! :)