Thursday, July 14, 2011

First Year Favourite - Kiddopotamus SwaddleMe



When H was born we mastered the swaddle using receiving blankets - so I never saw the need to use the Kiddopotamus SwaddleMe that I had purchased beforehand. We also stopped swaddling him very early and moved him into a sleepsack.

With P, the swaddling with the receiving blankets just wasn't working for us, so one night I decided to try the "pink" swaddleme that a friend had lent us. Wow! I was amazed at how well it worked! I liked how it had Velcro in a few places so it really held together well - instead of just tucking the blanket in and hoping it held. I also liked the sizing - the one we are currently using is a small and fits P perfectly. They come in a variety of sizes and we have the next size ready and waiting if we need it. She doesn't seem ready for the sleepsack like H was, so I anticipate using these for a bit longer.

They sell at ToysRUs for just $14.99 and are often on sale! I think I may have seen them at Walmart as well. Like I said earlier, they come in a variety of sizes, but also come in different fabrics (e.g., cotton, fleece, organic) and colours.

I also tried the Woombie - which she HATED because it zips right up to their necks locking their arms in, whereas the swaddleme has more of an opening at the top where I let her hands poke out of so she has some movement.

If you have a newborn and are currently just using receiving blankets to swaddle them I would suggest you try the Kiddopotamus SwaddleMe - you just may be surprised (like me) at how well it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to make a comment! I love to get an email that a new comment has been made and I try my best to respond to each and everyone of them! Keep them coming! :)